Freaky Friday: UFO Sightings (part two)

Due to this week being rather busy for most, I decided a short continuation of our last subject should be in order. Therefore, we’re jumping right back on the UFO train. Looking into a few more unexplained UFO sightings. Strap in, this will be a bumpy ride or not I don’t know what it’s like to ride in a UFO.

  1. McMinnville Sighting

    A very well known case, this incident happened just outside Sheridan, Oregon. May 11th, 1950 Evelyn Trent was walking back to her house after finishing chores when she spotted an oddly shaped, slow-moving object in the sky. After yelling for her husband, Paul Trent, he came outside and witnessed the object too before retreiving a camera from inside. Two photos were taken before the object flew away. These photos are still some of the most convincing and widely known images of a UFO to date.

  2. Mariana Sighting

    August 15th, 1950, Nick Mariana and Virginia Raunig spotted two silvery objects over the Legion Stadium baseball field. They were described as going two hundred to four hundred miles per hour, roughly fifty feet wide, and one hundred and fifty feet apart. Nick was able to retrieve his camera and record the objects for a short time. The video of these UFOs gained traction in local news and the incident was later investigated by the U.S. Air Force.

  3. The Kinross Incident

    November 23rd, 1953, an unusual target was identified by Air Defense Command Ground Interceptor radar operators in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. From the Kinross Air Force base an F-89C Scorpion piloted by First Lieutenant Felix Moncla and radar operator Second Lieutenant Robert Wilson. There was difficulty in tracking the object, ground operators giving Felix directions as they went, they were able to close in at about 8000 ft in altitude. The objects on the radar seemed to merge which was assumed to be Felix flying over the object, however, the object remained as one and continued on its previous course. When operators tried to radio Felix and Robert they were met with no response and search and rescue was quickly sent out. The fear being that the merge had been a collision, yet no trace of the plane or pilots was found.

That’s all the time we have this week! I hope you enjoyed a few more of these mysterious sightings. Good luck to everyone this week. Remember to keep your eyes open for anything mysterious out there!